Vassalboro Community School1116 Webber Pond Road, Vassalboro, Maine 04989 (207) 923-3100 Main office hours: M - F 8am - 4pm
Message from our principal
School Breakfast/Lunch Program Information PLEASE READ
The School Breakfast/Lunch Program is a federal program that has very specific rules that we need to follow. While many of the rules have been waived to allow for feeding all children under the age of 18, there are still rules that we need to follow with regard to the distribution of the food. Here's what we can do so far:
- We will do a drive-thru style hand out of the food from the circle in front of the school each day from 9 - 10 am. Stay in your car. We will come to you, ask how many you need and then bring it to you.
- If you are unable to make it to the school due to transportation issues, you may send someone in your place or ask someone else who is coming to pick up and deliver your allotment.
- At this time we are unable to allow large pickups with the intent to distribute at another location. If this changes, we'll let you know.
- Remember, the food is for the kids. Breakfast and lunch every day for any kid under 18. The food pantry will help with the adults and other family needs.
- Refrain from posting what other schools or districts are doing as it adds to the confusion. We will let you know what VCS is doing...that's what we should all concern ourselves with. 😉
- Please keep the food pantry and the school lunch program separated in your minds and in your posts. They are 2 very separate entities and need to remain so.
- I (David Trask) will be posting new information as it becomes available. We will also post food pantry information as it becomes available. Everyone please hang on and allow the dust to settle a little while we get a handle on this. This is happening very fast and we may have a long duration event to deal with. It takes planning to make sure we don't "empty the silos" too soon.
- Stay tuned to this page, the school website (www.vcsvikings.org), and the town website (www.vassalboro.net) for up to date information as it becomes available.
VCS will be closed until March 27th due to COVID-19 virus prevention
See closure letter below. More information will be forthcoming in the next day or so with regard to distance learning, school work for home, and more. Stay tuned.
*Your child needs to be 5 years old by October 15th. You will need to bring the child’s original state birth certificate & immunizations (copies will be made). Please call the office to schedule an appointment.
*Your child must be 4 years old by October 15th. You will need to bring the child’s original state birth certificate & immunizations (copies will be made). Please call the office to schedule an appointment.
Boys and Girls Basketball Schedules posted here. View them below
Free & Reduced School Lunch Program
To All Vassalboro Families, Parents and/or Guardians:
At the beginning of each school year a Free and Reduced Price School Meal Household application was sent home to all parents. The application contains guidelines explaining how a family may qualify for free or reduced meals for their children. This application need to be renewed each year.
Filling out the application is a “benefit,” to your family and specifically to your child. For this school year 2019-2020, and child that qualifies for either free or reduced there will be no charge to the family for breakfast or a reimbursable lunch. This money will be funded through the State of Maine.
We encourage families to reach out and apply or reapply at any time – any week or month during the school year if your job situation or economic conditions change. We are available to offer support to our families. You may also contact the Vassalboro Community School main office at 923-3100 to obtain an application or visit our website to access an application from home. DOWNLOAD HERE
We would ask that you please sign and return the Free and Reduced Meal application; even if you are not going to have your child/children participate in the School Lunch Program.
We would also appreciate your feedback by asking you to complete the School Food Survey so we may make appropriate adjustments in the offerings and setting in the cafeteria.
Thank you in advance.
Alan W. Pfeiffer, Superintendent of Schools